EMS for "Things manufacturing to produce matters”,which can be our attempt to the new era.
High quality products
Creation of new values
3 STEPs that responds to "Matters production"
3 STEPs that respond to “Matters production” added to the EMS business for conventional “Things manufacturing”.
3 STEPs from + STEP01 to + STEP03, which are indispensable for creating merchandises in the concept of “Customer-in*" based on UX / CX from ideas of living people.
Things manufacturing to produce matters
(agile type development)
(waterfall type development)
[EMS business] that is the process for conventional "Things manufacturing" shall aim at flexible support as well as keeping high quality by "Waterfall type development *".EMS+ for "Matters production" has introduced agile development* that can respond to diversifying values and lead time reduction for commercialization, which can respond to global basis merchandise development speed by quickly proceeding with "Feasibility study*", "Prototyping*" and "PoC*".
Discover new values and concepts by connecting "dots" and "dots".
That corresponds to “Matters” in the era of “Matters production”, which was called marketing or research in the past.
The needs in the era have shifted from "things" to "matters", so that things cannot be sold only with their "functions*" unless the “utility*” should be realized to “living people*”.
For example, a camera function that can take beautiful pictures is nothing to appeal but any ones that can do pictures to get “like” in SNS can be “Matter” that living people want to have.The marketing and research in the era of “Things manufacturing” was limited to how to manufacture own products = things and how to manufacture things which can be sold. That way and approach cannot respond to “Matters production”.
The era good "things" can be sold has ended already.
Despite of a good "thing", it cannot be sold, which means that living people cannot find the utility.
The same goes for technology.
Although it may be a great technology, it cannot be sold if it is just only high technology.It is necessary to convert a good "thing" and great technology into a "matter" that the utility can be found in order to sell them.
Although we cannot foresee what happens, try to combine different “things” and do with the other technologies. Any combinations with the other services despite they are different industries, then, any new discoveries may be found there.It is the same as the concept of "Open innovation*". We do not end at the concept stage but raise Connecting the dots to assume the practice.
Out thought as the first step for “Matters production” is finding any new “Connections” by connecting dots.That’s why, Connecting the dots is set at +STEP01 for “Matters production”.
In large companies that can abundantly use "resources*", they may incorporate all of the processes in-house and realize "vertically integrated*" operations. If other small companies do not have the abundant resources but do some shining "things", they can combine it with the other shining “things” to realize “horizontally integrated*” Connecting dots for generating any new “Connections”.Why don't you aim at "Giant Killing*" by Connecting the dots?
Definition of "Meaning"
It corresponds to what was called planning in the era of "Things manufacturing".
The first step for “Matters production” is finding any new “Connections” by connecting dots. However, it does not make sense for the connection by all means. The planning in the era of "Things manufacturing" should be products manufacturing mainly and emphasized on "What" and "How to manufacture". The main work of the planning was to coordinate "Things that can be differentiated from the other companies in the same industry" and "How to manufacture them". It was so-called "Product-out*" that consisted of "WHAT" and "HOW".
As the needs of the era has shifted from "things" to "matters", we have been no longer able to expect good sales by the "product-out".
We have already explained, now products cannot be sold only with their "functions" unless the “utility” should be realized to “living people”. If the utility can mean what matters can be realized and what matters can be experienced, the “utility” can be “meaning” the living people like to purchase. That is the reason why living people do not buy “things” but “meaning” in the “matters” era.
It is simple for the reason why we cannot expect good sales with the product-out in the "matters" era,Because living people do not buy “things” but "meaning".Unless “meaning” is there, the sales cannot be expected.
The necessity is not “what” and “how to” put out but “why”, “what” and “how to” put out.
“What for” = “Meaning” = “Why”The second step of "Matters production” is
to think about "meaning" and start with "Why".
We have already explained it does not make sense to connect with Connecting the dots by all means. “Meaning” for “why” the connection of this point and this point is necessary.To start with planning from “Why” = Start with why can be +STEP02 for “Matters production”.
"Concept" for "Matters production" and
"Process" for "Things manufacturing"
Make the story to let the both compatible
= "Things manufacturing to produce matters”
In the era of "Things manufacturing", it was called "specifications*", "design conception*", "design information*", which may not be unified to one name among industries and companies, quite a few people may not be familiar with it. It is also most important even in the era of the "Matters production". Especially, it should be the important thing to develop new merchandise without any base, fundamentals, information or tips. However, it can be no longer drawn along the passage of time. Please read [ Column: The reason why design conception cannot be drawn ] for more detailed information.
+STEP01: Connecting the dots. and + STEP02: Start with why. are the STEPs for "Matters production".＋STEP03: Make a story. is the STEP for "Things manufacturing to produce matters”, which can let “Things manufacturing” and “Matters production” compatible and make the explicit story.
Everything to develop "merchandises*" based on "UX*" and "CX*" from ideas of living people for the concept, processes of things manufacturing, and what business to be is here. It is not too much to say that "Things manufacturing to produce matters” is just "Make a story".
- Similar to market-in, it is a thing that reflects the needs of markets, though, it is a thing that was made to focus on customers more. It can be the approach.Return to the text ↑
- Waterfall type development
- “As water flows from upstream to downstream”, to develop based on predetermined process control. The basis of waterfall type development is PDCA method (Plan-Do-Check-Action). Plan is the most important one. It doesn't start without the plan. However, many cases may not achieve the outcome but only take times, which should be the result the PDCA method is lost the substance.Return to the text ↑
- Agile development
- A method of development by selecting the required functions and utilities and then, repeating development and verification within the minimum range. It is similar to the relationship of the TEFCAS (Trials-> Events-> Feedback-> Check-> Adjust-> Success) method against the PDCA method (Plan-Do-Check-Action). Agile uses the TEFCAS method. The concept is to start with the most important things. It is not an anti-○○ relationship between the waterfall type and agile type but an alternative relationship. As a whole, it is the PDCA, though, it is thought that the advanced method from now on is a hybrid method as repeating TEFCAS again and again. Return to the text ↑
- Feasibility study
- To investigate and examine feasibilities of projects in advance. However, the implications often differ depending on industries. It means to examine the limited functions and utilities using PoC in the presentation here, which is close to the concept of agile development.Return to the text ↑
- It means a method or process for creating a working model (prototype = test model) at an early stage in order to verify merchandises to be developed from various viewpoints.Return to the text ↑
- Abbreviation of Proof of Concept and it means "Proof of concept". It means the verification of the functions and utilities in a part while prototype verifies the all functions and utilities of merchandises to be sold actually in the presentation here. It is a close idea to agile development.Return to the text ↑
- Works, actions, and abilities "things" present. It is used versus "utility" to indicate "What companies think they can do unilaterally" versus "utility” in the presentation here.Return to the text ↑
- Utility used in the presentation here does not mean "usability or application" in general but corresponds to the basic concept of economics. When many functions are available, "What can be done" of "What can be done for living people?" is the utility.Return to the text ↑
- Living people
- Consumers that refers to persons who consumes goods including merchandises and services, are persons who can be the object of “Probusiness product-out subject to things first”. “Persons” that is used in “What people want to realize or experience” in terms of UX and CX is expressed as “Living people” versus consumers.Return to the text ↑
- Open innovation
- It is a method to create any innovations eventually using resources such as technologies and ideas that can be obtained both from internal and external sources (regardless either same or different industries) intentionally and aggressively in order to break through the internal and industrial barriers that may be obstacles to realize innovations.Return to the text ↑
- It means "people, goods and capital” that corresponds to resources of companies used in business scenes in the presentation here. In recent years, we have seen many cases that corporate managers regard “people” as costs. However, people = human resources = human property basically, which must be the most important resource. Return to the text ↑
- Vertically integrated type
- To integrate processes from upstream to downstream in product development to production and sales consistently by one company.Return to the text ↑
- Horizontally distributed type
- To do what is the core and oneself is good at in-house and outsource the other processes to external parties versus vertically integrated type.Return to the text ↑
- Giant Killing
- It means "Big upset" basically used in sport games when a weaker wins from absolutely stronger opponent. “Giant Killing” in the presentation here does start-up companies beat existing large companies with speedy thrusts using any new technologies. In the term of that, it may be seemed to apply only for technological means. But the word represents how merchandises are planned and what devices are applied to the production adopting what technologies and key devices? in addition to contents for “Business models”.Return to the text ↑
- Products put out with one-sided logic of manufacturers without any considerations for the markets’ needs.Return to the text ↑
- Specifications / Design conception / Design information
- The all meanings are same. Which to bes used is depending on companies. It may be seemed to apply only for technical issues. But the word represents how merchandises are planned and what devices are applied to the production adopting what technologies and key devices? in addition to contents for “Business models”.Return to the text ↑
- UX：Abbreviation for (User Experience), which remarks "Experiences that users can obtain through using merchandises (or products or services)". It can be regarded same as "Things and matters".Return to the text ↑
- CX：Abbreviation for (Customer Experience), which remarks "Experiences that customers can obtain through using merchandises (or products or services)". It can be regarded same as "Things and matters".Return to the text ↑
- It represents any objects to be commercialized. It remarks “Things and matters” when it is used versus product.Return to the text ↑
EMS+ and 3+ is our attempt to the new era.
It is not “Competition” but “Co-creation" for basing it.
And the foundation for the basis of the co-creation is “Customer service”.
We realize the customer success based on EMS+ and 3+.